SIX OF THE MOUNT'S SISTERS are celebrating Jubilees this week during the festivities surrounding the feast of the CSJs' patron, St. Joseph. Together, they've given an astounding 385 years of their lives to the CSJ mission: to do all of which woman is capable (in the words of their guiding light, Father Jean Pierre Medaille, S.J.) in serving the dear neighbor.
Three hundred and eighty-five years: That is an average of 64.16666667 years apiece. That number is skewed upward a bit by the tremendous vocation of Sister Constance Fitzgerald, 102, celebrating 85 years as a Sister of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
Many of these Sisters' vocations were lived out at Mount Saint Mary's University. Three of the six are alumnae, and all of them taught and/or performed administrative duties. Many had second and third careers after the Mount; as long as there were works of mercy to be done in the world, they were there to do them, continuing to help even in retirement.
- Sister Judy Diaz Molosky, 50 years - Founded the Center for Urban Partnership on the Doheny Campus, coordinating service learning activities for MSMU students at downtown social service organizations. Mount alumna with B.A. in Mathematics.
- Sister Sandra Williams, 50 years - Current Mount Trustee and member of the CSJ Leadership Team. She is a Mount alumna with a B.A. in Spanish.
- Sister Joan Henehan, 60 years - Former Mount Trustee, formerly chair of the Religious Studies faculty, associate director of the Spiritual Life Program on the Doheny Campus. Mount alumna.
- Sister Cecile Therese Beresford, 70 years - Chair of the Home Economics faculty at MSMU and former member of the CSJ Congregation Leadership in St. Louis.
- Sister Regina Clare Salazar, 70 years - Member of the Education Faculty at MSMU and founder of the Mount’s first evening and weekend program at Chester Place in the 1950s. Became one of the early administrators of the new Doheny Campus starting in the 1960s. After MSMU became President and CEO of Daniel Freeman Hospital and now oversees the care of retired Sisters at Carondelet Center.
- Sister Mary Constance Fitzgerald, 85 years - Longtime Doheny Campus resident and an alumna of Mount Saint Mary’s. She taught creative writing and child development during summer sessions at MSMU and volunteered in the Learning Resource Center.
We've put some pictures up on Facebook showing recent pictures of the Jubilarians along with some from yesteryear: